About The Author
Manager of Individual Sales
Prescription drug costs, network changes and out-of-pocket maximums are always important things to look out for when choosing an insurance plan. But, getting the most out of your health plan means looking beyond the basics. Should the day ever come, you need to know that you’ll have medical coverage when and where you need it most, and that you’ll have access to support from trusted representatives that are close to home.
With a local insurance company, your customer service team won’t just support your community, they’ll be members of your community. Unlike the impersonal experience people sometimes have with large, national providers, local customer service representatives are informed, familiar and accessible.
Network Health’s Medicare Advantage plans connect members with quality customer service representatives, but that’s not where the support ends. Plan members also have access to on-site wellness coaches and medical experts who can provide extra guidance and advice as patients navigate their care options.
- On-site Clinical Pharmacists – Expert clinical pharmacists are available on-site at Network Health to help patients with comprehensive medication reviews or to answer questions about their prescriptions.
- Health Coaches – Sometimes all you need to start living your healthiest life is a little encouragement. Health and wellness coaches are here to motivate members and inspire healthy lifestyles with one-on-one coaching and guidance.
- Condition & Care Management – With Network Health, members have access to a dedicated team of registered nurses and social workers. This team is readily available to help patients manage their chronic conditions, navigate new treatment plans or to offer emotional support to patients and their loved ones.
At no additional cost, Network Health plan members also gain access to a variety of local health events and wellness programs. Additionally, a variety of special member events present opportunities to connect with Network Health representatives to learn about specific care resources or plan options. These member events help to build healthier communities with fun physical and educational activities including gardening meet-ups, technology demonstrations, yoga in the park and even cooking classes.
Making the Switch
Enrollment season may be closer than you think. Plan materials for 2020 will be available in early October. For current members, it is important to review the upcoming changes to your plan to make sure the plan is still fulfilling your needs.
For those considering enrollment in a new Medicare Plan, here is a pre-enrollment checklist to help you prioritize your care needs and maximize your plan benefits.
Before enrolling, be sure to do the following.
- Look at your plan’s out-of-pocket costs
- Check your prescriptions
- Find out which doctors are in your network
- Think about the customer support you’ll need
- Consider the additional benefits of the plan
Network Health Medicare Advantage Plans include MSA, HMO and PPO plans with a Medicare contract. NetworkCares is a PPO SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Wisconsin Medicaid program. Enrollment in Network Health Medicare Advantage Plans depends on contract renewal. Y0108_2710-01-0919_M Accepted 09282019