Health insurance can be intimidating. At times, it’s so confusing you might not even know what questions to ask. But not understanding it can lead to health problems down the road.
At Network Health, our priority is helping people live healthier. We believe this starts with a positive customer experience that gives members the tools they need to achieve their best health. This includes the following.
- Preventive care – One of the easiest things you can do to stay healthy is get an annual exam and necessary health screenings. We help members find a primary care provider if they don’t already have one and we assist in scheduling appointments. After an appointment, we’ll follow up to make sure they understand the care they received and know what steps they need to take next.
- Special events – Throughout the year, we host a number of programs, community workshops and support groups to help members learn about topics including Medicare, how to get the most out of their health insurance benefits, and general tips to improve their health. We also offer flu shot clinics every fall to help our members avoid getting sick. With the coronavirus affecting Wisconsin individuals and families, we saw an opportunity to offer relief. This year, many of our individual members received a prepaid benefits card for qualified health expenses along with many members receiving a premium credit for April and May.
- A dedicated pharmacy team – We work on keeping costs low while also helping members remember to take their medications – and take them correctly. Members are welcome to call our customer service line to speak with one of our pharmacists if they have questions about a medication they are taking. It’s another way we provide direct access to the care people need. Beyond our own team, being integrated with our provider owners allows us to offer the right care at the right place at the right time.
- Wellness programs – Our member wellness programs are designed to help people keep up with preventive care as well as create healthy habits. We offer incentives for completing a health risk assessment, tracking fitness activities and completing online classes.
In addition, we offer programs to help people manage chronic disease. For example, our Prevent T2 program helps those with prediabetes and diabetes take steps toward improving their health. By learning to eat well, be more active and reduce stress, past participants lost weight and were able to reduce their reliance on medication.
- Virtual care – Part of helping our members get the care they need is making sure they can access it. That’s why we offer virtual visits and nurse call lines. These services allow members to connect with a provider at a time and location that’s most convenient for them.
Contact Network Health if you have concerns about your health or want to live healthier. Visit us online at networkhealth.com.